The main result of the B.R.A.V.E. project will be the identification and development of effective measures for better regulation and regulatory relief. The usefulness and efficiency of these measures will be tested.
The specific results will be:
- Regulation analysis including recommendations for considering EMAS registration and Ecolabel (and other EU voluntary certification schemes) in the development of new legislation and revision of existing legislation at national (Italy and Spain) and regional levels;
- The setting up of seven regional working groups, two national working groups, one European working group and seven regional consultation boards: these groups will work on the definition process, and will build consensus for the proposed measures;
- A report that will contain both the better regulation and regulatory relief proposals related to the existing legislative framework, covering permit procedures, control and inspection procedures, environmental taxes and administrative fee reductions;
- A list of at least 35 proposals to be tested in the regions involved in the B.R.A.V.E. project, accompanied by a list of the competent authorities and private companies available to be involved in the testing phase;
- A guidance tool for EMAS-based regulation and better regulatory relief.